Monday, April 20, 2015

First things first, baby girl's crib came in!!!!! I keep shutting the bedroom door and reopening it just to look at it. Her room is slowly coming together and it just makes things seem so much more real!

Ok, back to non-baby business. (Yeah, right. Everything is about the babe these days.) I headed to Fort Worth on Friday, April 10 to spend the weekend with Jeff and Katie before my full week of meetings started in Dallas on Tuesday morning. As always, they were the best hosts and we had an awesome time! 

The weekend started with getting my fix of Tex-Mex at Mi Cocula. Katie isn't a fan of mexican food (I know, WHAT??), but she always suffers through it when I come to town. Speaking of how awesome Katie is... on Saturday morning she treated me to an amazing mani/pedi. I snapped this picture of her, which is what I looked like about ten minutes prior. It was a full-on spa experience! So relaxing. After being pampered, we headed to some adorable baby boutiques where Auntie Katie purchased some unbelievably cute outfits for the little babe! 

We spent the rest of the afternoon at a Crawfish Boil with their friends. The weather was nice and it was fun to just hang outside all day!

Maxi party!

This little girl is my spirit animal. Check out all that pink! So cute.

I'm not the biggest crawfish fan, so we made a few pit stops on the way home... FroYo from Braum's followed by some tacos at Jack in the Box. (And yes, I was eating my FroYo as we pulled through the Jack in the Box drive thru. Zero guilt!)

We spent Sunday relaxing and I watched them do a little gardening. Katie has quite the green thumb and their yard looks amazing!

Sunday evening we met up with my Aunt Michelle, Uncle John and cousins Luke and Brody for some grub at Woodshed. Check out this spread!

Typical boys, Brody and Luke weren't thrilled to pose for a picture.

Jeff didn't start his next rotation until Tuesday, so we were able to hang out before he dropped me off at my hotel on Monday afternoon. (He also forced Katie and I to try this Caribbean restaurant connected to a gas station for lunch. Eeeeeps.)

Saying adios to his niece for (probably) the last time before he meets her!

After a full week of meetings in Dallas, I finally landed back in Atlanta at 11pm on Thursday night. Adam was a sweetheart and volunteered to pick me up, even though I told him a hundred times I didn't mind taking a cab. I spent most of Friday catching up on work and relaxing before it was time to head to Auburn for A Day. We attended a couple years back, but Adam was still coaching and couldn't make it. This year he could! And I was way less exciting. 

Night one we had BBQ fixed by the frat house's cook (because yes, that's a thing).

I was such a trooper and even headed out to the bar with the fam for a little bit! I did, however, opt out of the shots.

Saturday was the Spring Football Game, and the weather actually ended up being pretty nice! We headed to the frat house around 10a to get the party started and were able to walk to the stadium from there. Mitchell's adorable girlfriend, Reagan, joined us for the festivities, too!

Over 62,000 attended!

After a draining day in the sun, we headed back to the frat house for a bit before heading back home to ATL. It was a fun 24 hours in Auburn, and it's always fun to see Mitchell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.